CBS Entertainment Group is seeking an experienced corporate communications writer/editor to play a key role in drafting, editing and managing distribution of a wide range of communications. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Communications.
The ideal candidate will be a fast and accurate writer and an organized and thoughtful editor. Responsibilities include writing and editing press releases, internal communications and news content for the Company newsletter. Preferred candidates will have experience working in a newsroom environment (journalistic or corporate) with tight deadlines. Experience working with senior executives is a plus.
• Draft and/or edit press releases, divisional updates, PowerPoint presentations and internal memos for CBS senior executives.
• Coordinate accurate distribution of internal memos and other communications.
• Edit press releases and manage distribution/calendar of releases for the following divisions: CBS Corporate, CBS Entertainment, CBS News, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Television Stations, CBS Media Ventures (first-run syndication) and CBS-branded digital platforms.
• Contribute to ''CBS Update,'' our bimonthly employee newsletter:
• Report, write, edit and manage stakeholder approvals for select stories that cover all divisions of CBS.
• Assist in building issues in distribution software format
• Build relationships across divisions and collaborate with internal teams.
• Write, edit and maintain executive bios, show descriptions and talent bios and manage posting to our media website Press Express.
• Additional projects as assigned.
• Minimum 8 years of relevant experience at a network or media organization or similar experience in a newsroom.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Excellent writing/editing skills.
• Strong communication, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Motivated self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt is critical.
• Fluency in Microsoft suite required.
• Experience with Salesforce/Marketing Cloud a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v42x-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.