Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
The Office of General Counsel is looking for a Senior Paralegal with a minimum of 5 years' experience. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidates must have the ability to effectively prioritize and organize a substantial amount of work. Senior Paralegal's tasks will vary, but day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
• Draft and distribute representation agreements
• Draft and distribute MSAs, NDAs, Location Agreements, Speaker Releases and other agreements
• Able to redline and run compares on various documents
• Maintain a detailed tracking database for all issued agreements
• Correspond with agents and clients' management teams to obtain information
• E-file a high volume of documents and correspondence on a regular basis
• Train new hires on corporate policies
• Review and update change requests on companywide accounting database
• Assist on special projects as needed
• Must be very good at managing own responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Able to handle multiple projects at once
• Very tech savvy; knowledgeable of Microsoft Office and Adobe
• Preferably adept at using e-signature services
• Basic knowledge of the entertainment industry/guilds
• Professional phone demeanor
• Thick skin to handle large personalities
• Minimum 5+ years' experience with contracts drafting.
• Superior verbal and written communication; excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work well with executives and to respond effectively and quickly to their needs and
• Handle confidential information discreetly and with sensitivity.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyeqw0-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.