Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
The Risk Manager role will assist in the strategic development and embedding of risk management across the Company in support of agreed policies while ensuring continuous improvement. The Risk Manager will also have primary responsibility for assessing and identifying the potential risks that may hinder the reputation, safety, security and financial prosperity of the Company.
The Risk (P&C) & Corporate Compliance Manager will report directly to a Senior Counsel and Corporate Secretary in the Office of General Counsel.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Maintain all relevant insurance policies, create summaries of key coverage and limitations for key policies;
• Responsible for insurance management and liaison with insurance brokers to ensure appropriate coverage for organizational risks as well as analyze, assess, and recommend improvements for organizational risks for all business segments;
• Project manage the structuring, negotiating, purchasing, and managing of all aspects of the Company's global insurance program;
• Maintain a system for the maintenance and tracking of certificates of insurance;
• Compile and prepare all relevant company information for brokers and insurers in connection with renewal and marketing of all insurance policies;
• Provide day to day support on all claims;
• Review and approve insurance/indemnity provisions in contracts for all business units;
• Provide support in identifying areas of risk requiring insurance or advice to mitigate exposures;
• Keep abreast of new insurance products, market conditions and financial strength of insurers;
• Assist in the management of any coverage related disputes;
• Bachelor's Degree. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Corporate Risk Management, Insurance or as a broker
• Knowledge of insurance principles and practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently or with a team
• Ability to clearly present ideas and summarize complex issues, both in writing and verbally
• Desire for continuous professional development through experience and continuing education
• Desire to build relationships with others within the organization to facilitate increased communication and opportunity for adding value
• Ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously
• Proficient in standard Microsoft applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1zxvx-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.