Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world.
The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities.
Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
CAA is seeking an Assistant to support an agent within its Digital Media department. The ideal candidate should be a master of all things administratively related, a polished communicator, and able to interface directly with clients while remaining poised during all encounters (in-person, phone, email, etc.). The individual should be flexible, highly organized and have the ability to multi-task under pressure. A successful assistant would be someone who can be given limited amounts of information, can respond accordingly and is resourceful and a self-starter.
This position will support an agent who works across a variety of verticals within the Digital Media group. One area of focus is the department's Advisory business, through which CAA represents the world's leading tech and media companies and advises them on growth strategy, business development, and strategic partnerships. Another core aspect of this agent's business lies in the Sports Crossover space and entails the packaging of sports-themed content for premium buyers and guiding athlete clients in off-the-field business initiatives and content endeavors. Other components of the agent's business include the negotiation of endorsement opportunities and the representation of production companies.
In the rapidly expanding digital space, CAA's Digital Media department works with the agency's clients to package and monetize original IP, properties, and projects for digital platforms and distributors. The team forges strategic brand partnerships and content marketing solutions with leading global advertisers. It also represents many of the most accomplished digital endemic and traditional talent including gamers, athletes, fashion icons, actors, musicians, and more across all areas of their business, including touring, publishing, television, film, brand partnerships, and licensing. The team also works with AR/VR and AI as new methods of storytelling.
• Administrative duties including handling heavy phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, booking reports, preparing expense reports, and general office management tasks
• Serve as first point of contact with clients, Agents and network/brand Executives
• Track and meticulously maintain grids of current and prospective clients, deals, and execute excellent follow-up and follow through
• Assist with special projects, research, and compile information, as needed
• Stay up-to-date on current events within the digital and tech landscapes
• 10+ months of administrative experience or equivalent
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Teams
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities
• Must have an aptitude of curiosity when it comes to the digital landscape; eager to understand emerging technology as it relates to storytelling and content
• Able to think strategically and creatively. Positive, forward-thinking, can-do attitude
• Attention to detail, meticulous organization and problem solving skills are a must
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality
• Polished written and verbal communication is a must to be successful in this role
• Ability to work with limited supervision and adjust easily to changing priorities
• Team oriented and able to communicate and collaborate with employees at all levels
• Adept at quickly learning new processes, technology, and ability to assimilate oneself and become familiar with existing systems; offer process improvements, as needed
• BA/BS Degree preferred, not required
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d50k53-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.