A division of leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA), CAA ICON is the world's-leading owners representative and strategic management consulting firm for public and private sports, entertainment, energy and commercial facility owners/operators, professional franchises, and leagues. With more than 55 sports, entertainment, and public assembly projects and over 2,000 consulting engagements, CAA ICON has managed the development of many of the most successful venues around the world, spanning 11 professional sports leagues, totaling nearly $40 billion. CAA ICON offers world-class service in the areas of project management, strategic advisory, feasibility and planning, and beyond.
The Project Controls Manager will be responsible for consolidating all project expenditures into budget reports and spend forecasts that can be integrated with the schedules produced by the Schedule Integrator (SI). Additionally, they will be responsible for monitoring and reviewing the accuracy of all project cost documentation, invoices, pay applications, and draw requests. They will also focus on all aspects of cost management and tracking, and facilitating the resolution of any potential scope changes, delay claims, or design impacts.
• Develop and maintain budget reports noting expenditures to date and forecasting cashflow spend and provide bi-weekly and monthly reporting.
• Lead the budget integration process, particularly with the project schedule produced by the Schedule Support.
• Establish and maintain communications with each vendor throughout the project to track, receive, confirm conformance, and log all project deliverables into the project software/ reports.
• Participate in bi-weekly Project Budget review meetings with the client and the vendor's personnel, including travel to the project site and/or client's office locations (if applicable and as required).
• Provide bi-weekly reporting, which includes but is not limited to, time/money updates, an executive briefing, analysis report, dashboard integration and recommendations and/or concerns.
• Provide a final Budget Report at the conclusion of the project.
Cost Controls (Budget/Cost/Invoice (BCI))
• Develop and maintain a Pending Purchase Order/Pending Change Order (PPO/PCO) Log as applicable and provide weekly and monthly reporting.
• Review and provide feedback to vendor Change Order Requests focusing on commercial term compliance to the vendor agreements.
• Review the Project Purchase Order Log on a weekly basis to confirm committed and pending/forecasted costs are accounted for correctly within the Project Budget.
• Develop and publish a vendor invoice submission and processing timeline/flowchart
• Develop and maintain the Project Invoice Workbook as both a processing and record document.
• Review and process all monthly invoices to confirm conformance with commercial terms of the vendor agreement; and manage the vendor invoice review and approval process.
• Track and report on each vendor's total completed-to-date values, monthly payment values and balance to complete values.
• Participate in weekly Project Budget and Project Invoice review meetings with the client and the vendor's personnel, including travel to the project site and/or the client's office locations (if applicable and as required).
• Provide weekly reporting, which includes but is not limited to, an executive briefing, analysis report, metric reports, dashboard integration and recommendations and/or concerns.
Required Experience & Education
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering, or Construction Management (or related field)
• 7+ years of related experience, including supervisory/managerial experience
• Proficient in all relevant systems such as Ariba, Procore, NAV, etc.
• Intermediate/advanced experience with using Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of energy and commercial facility industry practices is desired
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Ability to clearly communicate, deliver presentations, simplify, explain variances and issues to a team and propose solutions
• Travel as required to meet the needs of the client/project
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz1w93-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.