BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative and resourceful video producer with experience in food and drink who can help build compelling viral content for Tasty in the UK.
You'll be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, food content, and emerging technology/platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a background in independent video production and an obsession with storytelling and understand how to make food look tasty on camera.
You'll develop, produce, edit and star in editorial video content on a weekly basis, ensuring it is published across as many platforms as possible.
The successful candidate will have experience working with commercial clients, including handling the ideation, creation and project management of branded videos.
• Be responsible for generating engaging and viral food content on a weekly basis that appears across multiple platforms
• Be responsible for ideating, planning, researching, recipe testing, shooting, editing and finishing editorial content
• Appear in videos and be open to helping other teams with shoots, appearing in their videos and other branded campaigns if needed
• Apply video learnings to inspire virality, new formats, and valuable integrations for branded partnerships
• Work within our branded process, including internal feedback and client feedback and revisions, able to juggle multiple projects at once in various stages
• Experiment and reiterate on past successes, and be interested in analysing the results of your work and help inspire others to do the same
• Keep informed on the latest internet trends and social platforms and have the ability to adapt own work accordingly
• Ensure recipes are to a high standard
• Experience working with food and drink with the ability to generate recipes and ideas of all cuisine with ease and understand how to make food look tasty on camera.
• Have a professional understanding linear editing programs such as Premiere Pro and Final Cut and have a rapid editing workflow
• Have a great understanding of DSLR cameras as well as Canon C100/C300's, lenses and beyond, and the ability to use these tools to create premium content
• An efficient editing workflow to ensure projects are cut as efficiently as possible
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to
• The ability to juggle multiple projects seamlessly with strong organisation
• Experience working with commercial clients with the ability to be client-facing
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7k3p6-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.