Associate Product Specialist
New York, NY
About BuzzFeed & HuffPost
BuzzFeed's portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, HuffPost, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved, to name a few.
In 2021, BuzzFeed acquired HuffPost, a leading source of news and commentary for the most diverse and connected generation ever. HuffPost believes in putting people before power and telling the stories that too often go unheard, from the voices that matter. With this acquisition, BuzzFeed's scale, engagement and cultural impact will be unrivaled.
As a Senior Product Designer, you'll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of products across HuffPost's website, apps and publishing tools.
Senior Product Designers take design ownership of large projects and are leaders in their cross-discipline group. They assume responsibility for design quality across their immediate and adjacent product groups and collaborate with their group to define roadmaps and goals.
The Product Design team at BuzzFeed is made up of multidisciplinary designers, who are individually responsible for all aspects of design: user research, UX design, visual design, prototyping and, on the web, front-end implementation. Additionally, our designers are key collaborators when it comes to cross-disciplinary activities such as product discovery and A/B experiment definition, design and analysis. You can read more about BuzzFeed's recruiting practices and our role documentation on Github. You can also read about our latest diversity numbers.
• Lead and execute all aspects of design in a cross-functional team, including: user research, UX design, visual design, and prototyping
• Foster a collaborative, cross-disciplinary design process
• Lead the vision for your product area alongside Product, Engineering, and Data Science leads to inform your team's roadmap
• Solicit direct and impactful feedback from your manager, stakeholders, other designers, and cross-discipline team; filtering and prioritizing various types of feedback on your own and with your immediate cross-discipline team
• Provide direct and impactful feedback to other designers on the team, help designers on adjacent product teams grow their skills
• Partner with User Research and Data Science to define what qualitative and quantitative data will be important at the onset of a project and make changes based on data analysis
• Experience designing products and features for web and apps
• Experience balancing a thoughtful design process with tight deadlines
• Experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines
• Experience providing thoughtful, direct, and clear design feedback
• Interest in mentoring designers to grow their skills
• You enjoy working across all aspects of design, leading a project from conception through completion
• In addition to UX skills, you have strong visual skills and understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.