About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed, the media company for the social age, is hiring a Senior Analyst whose focus will be on the implementation and analysis of advertising effectiveness studies for sponsored content across our distributed network and across devices.
This role requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, and a strong command of digital and social media. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses and have the ability to convert data into actionable insights and recommendations for our clients.
• Manage all parts of the research project cycle: design research questionnaires; support, document and manage client based projects; collaborate with internal operations on the implementation and management of research programs, including quality assurance; interpret data, write reports, and make actionable recommendations; present findings to account teams and potentially to clients
• Showcase results and distribute knowledge in a concise manner
• Develop expertise across client verticals to be able to scope and execute analyses that delivers insight that ties back to the business and assists with vertical development
• Develop strong working relationships with internal clients and assist in handling client-facing interactions that involve deep education sessions and recaps
• Develop deep understanding of all vendors and offerings we leverage to be able to work cross-department to match appropriate research with clients
• Innovate methods for measuring the brand impact of new BuzzFeed products, services, and media tactics, especially BuzzFeed's first-party data suite - Lighthouse
• Draft and update internal materials around offerings and training
• Work on ad hoc requests as needed
• A strong understanding of methodology, data & systems from a broad range of research providers, including emerging tools and methods
• Expertise in online research, campaign effectiveness, online recruitment, audience measurement, and market research is a must. Prior experience working with vendors such as Kantar Millward Brown, Prodege, DISQO, Dynata, MetrixLab, Brand Metrics, Placed, Nielsen DBE (Vizu), etc.
• Experience developing surveys based on specific objectives and in analyzing raw data through the output of survey tools
• Ability to take the data beyond the facts to what it means and why we should care
• Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant insights and express those insights with passion and brevity, both visually and verbally
• Advanced knowledge of Excel a must. Intermediate PowerPoint or Keynote skills
• Proven ability to design, manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• A proven track record of strong interpersonal skills and successful teamwork and collaboration
• Knowledge of native advertising and current trend in the digital marketplace
• 3-5 years of experience in research and data analysis
• Degree in Marketing Research or equivalent experience in statistics, marketing or psychology
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92xo7-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.