Production Coordinator - Live & Special Projects (project-based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed Video is searching for a resourceful Production Coordinator to bring their production and organizational skills to the LA office. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly across departments.
You will be based in our Los Angeles office, a super collaborative work environment. This is a freelance opportunity.
• Oversee multiple, simultaneous productions and timelines for assigned video teams
• Oversee production throughout each project's lifespan; from planning to wrap
• Support creative producers and handle assigned tasks and responsibilities
• Review and provide feedback on production timelines
• Track and submit production budgets as needed
• Oversee and actualize given budgets
• Source and book freelance production crews
• Research negotiate rates for shoot locations and studios
• Book equipment and stages for assigned teams and projects
• Build and coordinate lifestream run-downs and call sheets
• Manage, order, and ship props and products
• Prepare and share start paperwork, production schedules, call sheets, and releases
• Manage on-set operations, talent coordination, and shoot schedules
• Process payroll, permits, talent vouchers, reimbursement, and check request paperwork for submission to Accounting
• Process, track, and report production wrap books and expenses
• Train and oversee coordinators and support staff as needed
• Collaborate to develop and improve upon production resources, processes, and responsibilities
• Must have 4 years of production experience
• Prefer 2-3 years of production management experience
• Impeccable time management skills, ability to multi-task / prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
• Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
• Knowledge of Production and Operations best practices
• Proficient in budgeting and scheduling
• Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules/plans
• Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects.
• Experience sourcing and hiring freelancers
• Willingness to learn production management software/tools/databases
• Experience producing live and/or remote video productions
• Experience with Movie Magic Budgeting, Smartstart, and Airtable
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqm9e-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.