Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear and style, food, music, sneakers and sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, and content where it creates and distributes original programming for Gen Z and Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku and more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content and advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, and agency consulting services.
Complex Networks is hiring a Junior Video Producer to join the Brand Partnerships Studio (Ad Sales Marketing) team. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Executive Producer with coordinating branded content video and photo shoots, and managing budgets, timelines and vendor relationships.
• Lead Production team on large and small scale campaigns that include video and photo shoots
• Develop overall campaign delivery schedule based on milestones/campaign key dates
• Develop scopes of work tasks, deliverables and effort estimates Serve as primary contact between cross team collaboration, understand and communicate key deliverables, technical specifications, production and reporting requirements for all campaign components
• Procure vendors for productions
• Scout and secure locations for productions
• Book travel for crew, clients,and talent
• Maintain campaign budgets and credit card reconciliation
• Track and record all actual spends vs. projected spends
• Work with finance team and Line Producer on invoice coding
• Act as on-site liaison between talent and production crew for appearances, video and photo-shoots
• Familiarity with major markets: LA/NYC/MIA/CHI/SF
• Travel as needed for department projects
• 3+ years of experience in a related field
• Must have produced shoots (photo/video)
• Prior experience both projecting and managing budgets is key
• Experience with directly with brands & clients in addition to agencies
• Prior experience working on commercial and branded content.
• Positive attitude
• Highly Organized & detail oriented
• Comfort working directly with a client - running client facing meetings & working together directly on set
• Focus and tenacity to get tasks completed no matter the cost
• Ability to leverage personal/professional contacts to complete projects
• Resourceful nature and self-sufficiency can take the initiative to meet team goals
• Fast moving and communicative while working on various projects
• Ability to work while mobile and stay on top of projects while on the road
• Familiarity with presentation programs - Keynote, GoogleDocs, etc
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb85e6-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.