Gen Z Trends Editor (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Starts June 15th, 3 Month Contract (flexible)
The (mostly elder) millennials at BuzzFeed.com are looking for an obsessive, chronically online human who is tapped into youth culture, trends, and behavior to join us for the summer. You'll be responsible for surfacing hot topics and conversations that are burgeoning online, selecting and editing community submissions that tap into the Gen Z zeitgeist, and sidebarring with our audience development team on headline copy and curation. This is a hands-on role with a surprising amount of influence and authority - we want you involved in every part of the creative process from ideation to packaging content.
• This is a paid position ($18/hour) that starts mid-June through mid-September (we're flexible, though!) that can either be part or full time. We currently support remote work locations in the following states - California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington.
• You are (ideally) someone who:
• Would get some spiritual fulfillment from schooling aging millennials on what's cringe vs not cringe
• Likes to fall down internet k-holes
• Not afraid to say or write something unhinged
• Has an advanced sense of humor
• Enthusiastic disposition and optimism for the future are a huge plus but not required
• No formal work experience required - just blow us away with your cover letter and a BuzzFeed Community post or two.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj96be-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.