Digital Pricing & Yield Analyst
New York, NY
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a strong creative and business lead for a full-time, 6 month contract position on our US team (with possibility to extend after the first 6 months). As part of a new editorial endeavor, the person in this role will hire and lead a small team focused on creating accessible and inclusive personal finance content for a largely millennial and Gen Z audience.
The ideal candidate will have a strong perspective on Personal Finance, experience leading a cross-functional team, exceptional communication skills, and an interest in moving quickly and working collaboratively to create compelling audience-driven content.
If you're the type of person who could whip up a budget in their sleep, knows how to hack their way around the credit card points system, and isn't afraid to have a frank conversation about money with friends, we'd love to hear from you!
• Develop and execute a content strategy across multiple platforms to build audience and readership within the broad scope of Personal Finance
• Hire and manage a small team of writers, producers and freelance contributors
• Work with the social and audience development teams to analyze performance data and trends to be shared with internal business and content teams
• Professional experience in the area of Personal Finance content, or a very strong personal interest and high level of knowledge
• An understanding
of the broader finance industry and the challenges facing millennials and Gen Z
• Experience hiring and managing people in creative roles, especially writers and/or video producers
Nice to Haves:
• Experience with SEO
• Experience working on affiliate marketing content or other performance-driven campaigns
FYI - just because you don't have a college degree or meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
• Tell us the best and worst piece of money advice you've ever been given
• Tell us about a couple of personal finance tools or resources that you're passionate about
• Tell us about where you see the most compelling and accessible personal finance content on the internet right now
• Include links to any relevant previous work, social media profiles, or portfolios
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpm57o-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.