Culinary Producer, Freelance (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed is looking for passionate and resourceful project-based Culinary Producer who can aid in creating compelling original recipes and video content for Tasty. Reporting to our Culinary Managers, you'll work on our Hollywood campus with a small team of culinary professionals to develop recipes and assist on shoots for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Tasty.co. We are looking for culinary professionals with experience in production and food media.
As a project-based Culinary Producer, you will support our Senior Culinary Producer on set and behind the scenes of Tasty shoots featuring talent. You will assist with recipe testing & development, shopping for & prepping ingredients and cooking behind the scenes to ensure all food is camera ready on time. Experience, speed and accuracy is required for this role.
• 3 + years of food service experience
• 3 + years of recipe development with experience in international cuisine and high comfort level in both sweet and savory cooking
• Digital food media experience preferred; knowledge of working on food sets
• Ability to work fast and efficiently in the kitchen and multitask to take on multiple projects at once to keep production moving forward
• Formal culinary training is preferred, but not mandatory
• Strong interpersonal written and communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Tasty video content and understanding of our overall point of view on food
• Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Unwavering commitment to working safely
• Comfortable working with talent while maintaining boundaries
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5zpx-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.