BuzzFeed is seeking a creative producer to create custom branded content for its lifestyle verticals and related social platforms. We're seeking a creative-minded writer/director who is passionate about both digital media and native advertising. Candidates should be interested in what makes someone share and how people communicate online and solve problems for BuzzFeed's brand partners.
Primarily, this position is focused on concepting and producing exciting advertising that is just as delightful, interesting, original, and engaging as BuzzFeed's editorial content. The ideal candidate is comfortable being involved with every part of the creative process: generating ideas for a variety of formats and types of brands, participating in client-facing communication, overseeing shoots on set, and handling rounds of revisions with ease and a smile.
In addition to skilled video production experience, a well-rounded creative background and variety of interests is a major plus. Mostly we're looking for people from a variety of backgrounds who are optimistic, energetic, and imaginative to join a fun and growing team at the vanguard of an incredibly exciting global shift in advertising.
This position is based in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
• Develop creative concepts that meet the objectives of our prospective partners
• Brainstorm and work collaboratively across the lifestyle franchises to generate proactive formats and ideas to pitch to our partners
• Pitch ideas, both internally and directly to clients
• Work closely with our sales and account management teams to ensure the brand's needs are met and communication is clear and open
• Work alongside in-house producers to organize and schedule shoots with crew, talent and, at times, client on set.
• Utilize video production skills while shooting and overseeing edit to be sure client's needs are met while the BuzzFeed voice remains clear
• Ability to deliver excellent, original creative content that will delight our clients and BuzzFeed's enormous global audience.
• Work on tight deadlines across multiple teams to deliver work that exceeds expectations on time every time
• Think big to continue to develop BuzzFeed's native advertising strategy across platforms, formats, and audiences.
• 1–3 years creative agency and/or editorial experience
• 2–4 years producing/shooting video with hands-on experience
• A proven ability to create engaging original content online
• A passion for advertising with the ability to concept, pitch, and champion ideas for brands
• An interest in and deep knowledge of the social web, including experience producing work for a variety of apps and social networks
• The ability to work as part of a team under tight deadlines
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3y6z-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.