BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative, analytical, self-starter to join their growing affiliate team. The ideal candidate is adaptable & flexible to change, comfortable pulling & analyzing data to inform strategy decisions, and has a natural motivation to learn. This is a hybrid role, focusing on social marketing initiatives, retail analytics & strategy, and audience development.
In this role, you will be creating, managing, and optimizing internal facing distribution campaigns, analyzing reports to surface optimization or growth opportunities, and working cross-functionally to develop audience cohorts to more strategically re-target our high intent shoppers.
This position will be based in our New York office.
• Oversee set up & implementation of paid distribution campaigns for a variety of verticals and markets
• Strong marketing understanding - majority of focus will be overseeing audience development strategies and optimizing marketing & acquisitions campaigns for audience growth
• Provide actionable recommendations based on performance, and communicate immediate business growth opportunities to relevant stakeholders
• Provide weekly and monthly reports to track performance of internal funded campaigns and deliver strategic recommendations and areas of growth potential based on report findings
• Work in tandem with the affiliate team to identify potential risks or areas of growth in client programs
• Stay up to date on new and emerging commerce trends and first-to-market opportunities
• Ability to work cross functionally with teams to own and manage our affiliate audience development strategy to help impact our organic revenue growth
• Work cross functionally with tech and data scientists to operationalize reporting processes
• 3-4 years experience in media/marketing. Analytical experience preferred
• Experience working in a cross functional role touching affiliate, social media marketing, ecommerce, and retail analytics
• Highly proficient in social media marketing. FB Ads Manager knowledge required
• Strong understanding of performance marketing tactics and metrics used to evaluate success
• Experience creating and presenting reports in Excel
• Strong written, analytical, and verbal communications skills is a must
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Keynote, and Photoshop tools
• A passion for retail and identifying consumer behavior trends is a plus!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29x72-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.