We are seeking an Unreal Character Surfacing Artist to join our team! The Unreal Character Surfacing Artist will be responsible for a wide range of tasks and should expect a variety of challenges.
Role & Responsibilities
• Texture assets using 3DS Max/Maya, ZBrush, Substance, and Photoshop
• Shader and texture development will be based heavily on reference artwork, paint overs and look development from the Art Department.
• Texture characters in a range of styles from stylized to photorealistic
• Use Unreal Engine to create shaders working with Environment, Character and Lighting teams
• Help create photo realistic and stylized shaders for the characters and environment team.
• Maintain quality and continuity while developing shaders that support art direction.
• Apply knowledge of shader optimization for memory budgets.
• Research new shader development techniques to apply to production.
• Participate actively in technical and artistic discussions and problem solving.
• Use proprietary pipeline tools to ensure each asset meets technical standards.
• Maintain a consistent style under the direction of production designers, art directors and creative directors.
• Work with the Production Department to meet project deadlines and milestones, including assets deliveries weekly quotas, as set by project leads and the production department
• Strong knowledge of the latest industry standard tools, workflows, and techniques
• 2+ years of shader development experience in games or film industry
• 2+ years of experience using Maya, Substance Pro, Photoshop, Z-Brush or equivalents
• 2 + years of experience with developing and compiling shaders within Unreal Engine
• Strong understanding and attention to detail in all aspects of UV's and shading, texturing and look development
• Experience with Python scripting is an asset
• Must be able to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet team deadlines
• Excellent visual skills and high attention to detail
• Fast, organized, take direction well, and can deal with high profile directors, VFX Supervisor and Production Designer
• Good understanding of modeling, rigging, animation, UV mapping, texturing and rendering is advantageous
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw72xk-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.