Senior Look Dev Artist (Textures & Surfacing)
We are looking for detail-oriented and motivated Senior Look Dev Artists (Textures & Surfacing) to join our Look Dev teams in different Digital projects.
Role & Responsibilities
• Work with the Art Department to realize and further the look of the show's characters.
• Develop shaders to cover a wide range of styles from stylistic to photorealistic.
• Maintain the quality and continuity of the art direction.
• Define technical requirements with the Look Dev team.
• Research new shader development techniques.
• Mentor, train and assist junior Look Dev Artists.
• Solve department problems and set best practices with the team lead.
• Shader optimization for memory and frame rate budgets.
• Work with the Production Department to meet deadlines and manage assets deliveries.
• Use proprietary pipeline tools to ensure each asset meets technical standards.
• 4+ years shader development experience in games or film industry
• 4 + years of experience using Maya, Substance Pro, Photoshop, Z-Brush or equivalents
• 2 + years of shader development for Unreal Engine or Unity
• Ability to communicate creative and technical ideas
• Excellent visual skills and high attention to detail
• Understanding of color theory and how lighting affects color
• Expert understanding of UV's and shading, texturing and look development
• Strong experience with developing and compiling shaders within Unreal Engine
• Be fast, organized, take direction well, and work with directors & supervisors
• Good understanding of rigging & animation are a plus
• High Quality Modeling skills are an asset
• Experience with Python scripting is an asset
BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms.