Remote / Virtual
We are seeking a Previs/Layout Supervisor to join our team!
Role & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with the Director and EVP in creating the visual language for the animated series and maintaining its continuity.
• Work closely with Director/Production Designer and Editors to provide creative and technical solutions to aesthetic problems with story, character staging/blocking and cinematography, using virtual camera.
• Stay up-to-date technically on all hardware and software used in production.
• Work on the development and integration of new toolsets for Layout and VCAM
• Share all new pipeline suggestions with VFX Supervisor for documentation and integration.
• Manage artists in execution of all sequence staging, virtual camera animation, composition, lensing and animation blocking from storyboard animatic and/or feedback from review sessions.
• Review artist sequences daily and provide feedback, guidance, training and technical solutions to assure they meet deadlines and to assure the artists are moving forward in a direction which meets the shared vision of the project.
• Works closely with the Producers and Production team to ensure that schedules are created, maintained and remain up to date.
• Be accountable for on time and on budget execution and delivery of scenes.
• Communicate all red flags, changes and updates to Coordinator in a timely fashion.
• Improve the performance of artists on the team, both technically and creatively.
• Facilitate meetings with editorial and animation to keep the crew informed on show changes and requirements.
• 8-10+ years of experience creating cinematic pre-visualizations for CG animation, with at least 5 years of Lead experience.
• Working experience with virtual cameras is a requirement.
• Great visual storytelling skills and a well-grounded understanding of the language of the virtual camera. Framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking.
• Strong knowledge of terminology and techniques used in film, animation and visual effects including knowledge of photography, camera lenses and Depth of Field.
• Strong understanding of cinematography is a must.
• Exposure to editorial, lighting, and animation required.
• Demonstrated expertise using Maya is required, with good working knowledge of Linux.
• Experience/knowledge with Unreal Engine is highly recommended
BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms.