Associate Production Manager
Los Angeles, CA
BRON Digital, is a state-of-the-art virtual production and service company, that utilizes the Unreal Engine to develop and produce long-form animation for series television, short-form content, and motion pictures. This division leverages BRON's extensive experience producing traditional CGI animation to apply and adapt the best practices of linear animation pipelines and marry those with Unreal Engine centered, virtual production workflows. The move allows BRON to broaden and expand its production and produce high quality content with much faster turnarounds.
We are seeking an Associate Production Manager to join our team soon!
Role & Responsibilities
• Run daily department check-in meetings and facilitate artist's requests under the supervision of the Line Producer.
• Work with production team to track project from start to completion in Shotgun.
• Help Line Producer with projecting department timelines and scheduling departments as needed
• Utilize and manage the daily tasking of artists to ensure they are kept on schedule with their deadlines.
• Ensure context on bids, previous noting and deadlines are communicated during reviews to maintain weekly targets.
• Maintain close daily communication with Production Manager and Line Producer to ensure all production concerns are highlighted/flagged and proposed solutions are discussed.
• Help to oversee coordinators to ensure meetings, rounds and dailies are regularly scheduled as required.
• Mentor junior production members in best practices by participating in rounds, overseeing production tracking software upkeep, and maintaining effective reviews.
• Communicate kickbacks that affect sequences, shots or assets bids, or are creative kickbacks to Production Manager and Line Producer.
• Notify the Production Manager and Line Producer of any issues within the departments.
• Resolve conflict, promote a collaborative production environment, and foster an atmosphere of cooperation and communication.
• Schedule meetings in the production calendar and work with the Production Manager and Line Producer to communicate crew schedule changes.
• Attend internal department meetings as necessary.
• Assist in tracking deliveries to and from other departments internally or externally and ensure all materials are distributed correctly.
• Forecast ahead of production schedule to identify potential delays or bottlenecks from other departments and communicate to all other coordinators whose departments are involved.
• Keep up to date with Epic and Unreal releases.
• Follow-up and complete tasks assigned by the Production Manager and/or Line Producer.
• Remain flexible and proactive to all production challenges as they arise.
• Assist with vetting and interviewing new production hires as needed.
• Minimum 5+ year's production management experience in animation film production or equivalent
• Experience with all parts of the animation production pipeline, including layout, modeling, shading, animation, effects, lighting, rendering, compositing & post
• Familiarity with all aspects of production management, including budget & schedule management, personnel and performance management
• Superior personnel management and team building skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of production techniques and terminology
• Expert organizational, project management & time management skills
• Ability to anticipate and deal with an ever-changing production environment
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential material
• Ability to work well under pressure/deadlines
• Previous computer experience with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project, spreadsheet and database applications required
• Proficiency with Shotgun(now Shotgrid) Software
• Sense of humour
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j27z-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms.