Sr. Analyst, Accounts Payable
POSITION SUMMARY: Conduct financial and operational analysis for all areas of licensing. Review financial data to understand and communicate key variances in historical reporting and create and present forecast and budget packages. Assist management at various stages of licensing negotiations.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Translate raw financial & operational data into meaningful conclusions.
• Manage and become internal knowledge expert on revenue variations, forecasting and budgeting analysis for selected Licensing markets.
• Assist in presenting financial results, forecasts, to senior management.
• Maintain and manage multiple historical analyses on various Licensing markets.
• Manage and become internal knowledge expert on departmental expense variations, forecasting and budgeting analysis for Licensing Departments.
• Assist in preparation of annual Licensing Budget, revenue and expense.
• Assist in market/financial research required to develop new license structures.
• Support ad hoc analysis requests as requested to support decisions both within Licensing and other departments.
• Gather, organize, automate, and present data for various audiences.
• Convert BMI data from Oracle financials, Salesforce CRM data, and third party data into staged formats for use in financial modeling.
• Work with the reporting team to utilize online reports and dashboards in SSRS to display real time financial models for multiple levels of management.
• Provide expertise, insight, direction to other analysts as needed.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Finance or Accounting.
Experience: Minimum four (4) years of financial analysis and related systems skills.
Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills to create analyses and high-level presentations.
• Data management skills including Microsoft Access, Excel, SQL, SSRS, or Visual Basic skills to pull data from system tables and create data sets for analysis as needed.
• Understanding of Accounting concepts including revenue recognition and accrual adjustments to review results and project impact.
• Ability to present complex data to various levels of management with the ability to adjust to appropriate audience.
• Problem solving-ability to assess projects and apply the best analysis techniques.
• Constant desire to understand complex business scenarios
• Quantitative skills supporting conclusions with data results
• Motivated and self-starter
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities as needed.
• Analytical skills – Ability to organize large amounts of raw data in meaningful summarizations
• Prioritization skills
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.
At least 4 years experience.
Forecasting, Financial Analysis, Revenues, Financial Modeling, Research, Revenue Recognition, Budgeting, Finance, Multitasking, Reports, Accounting, Accruals, Data Management, Analysis, Management, Microsoft Excel, SQL (Programming Language), Adaptability, Visual Basic (Programming Language), Analytical, Oracle Applications, Salesforce.Com, Customer Relationship Management, Presentations, Microsoft Access
4 Year Degree
We are BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.), a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music.