New York, NY
Bleacher Report is seeking a Strategist to be responsible for overseeing the creation of innovative and engaging original social content for B/R Gridiron. They will specifically lead outreach to creators, influencers and talent in the space to partner on original content experiences that align with Gridiron strategy.
They will meaningfully contribute to Gridiron strategy on creation, curation, and packaging, and serve as strategic manager to shared-resource teams that execute their vision.
We are looking for someone with a passion pushing the boundaries of new content experiences and who gets excited about NFL and football culture.
The Strategist will work cross-functionally, collaborating with the programming, content, design, sales and marketing, business development and leadership group on key initiatives and alongside partners in the Gridiron industry.
• Help meaningfully move forward B/R Gridiron's content innovation by ideating and executing forward-thinking concepts with third-party creators and producers
• Conduct outreach to creators in the space, developing relationships and working on one-off and ongoing partnerships to create innovative content experiences
• Work closely with app, social and content stakeholders to identify key football topics, events on the calendar, and white-space opportunities to build innovative content experiences around
• Work closely with cross-departmental teams to develop content experiences in collaboration and creative alignment with other portfolio brands
• Develop content experiences that will drive audience interaction with a focus on engagement and community
• Serve as brand gatekeeper in providing regular feedback around inbound creative pitches.
• Manage and oversee a content budget to work with third-party creators and influencers to create content experiences that align with the B/R Gridiron strategy
• Develop elevated content experiences to anchor coverage around key tentpoles
• Focus on innovation and ground-breaking content experiences to position B/R Gridiron as a creative leader in the digital space
• Evaluate and experiment on all new social platforms and app functionality and educate others on the priorities and opportunities
• Influence and mentor staff, inspiring a creative culture of innovation
• Provide support and pathways to nurture and grow existing talent and maintain the highest quality of work
• Lead cross-departmental transparency and collaboration.
• Embody a group that prides itself on camaraderie associated with 'best in class'.
• 3-5 years experience in digital media, social media, content creation or curation preferred
Extensive knowledge of best-in-class visual, creative and social formats, software, and opportunities
• Extensive knowledge of all social platforms, functionality and audience growth best practices
• Extensive knowledge of NFL and football culture is preferred
• Experience with project management and working with remote creators on deadline-oriented projects
• Experience with analytics platforms preferred
• Experience in leading small teams and/or projects/events
• Deep understanding of current media and digital content space
• Previous editorial, design, content or social media experience in video games is preferred
• Awareness of Bleacher Report's voice + extensive knowledge of NFL culture