The Social Programmer II is responsible for finding engaging sports content for B/R's social platforms. The person in this role is tasked with covering breaking news, crafting social media posts and curating content.
• Create and post social media post about breaking sports news, viral moments in sports and culture Execute social plans around key tentpole events throughout the sports calendar
• Collaborate with app, premium packaging teams to ensure social content and content packaging plans are consistent across platforms
• Help establish B/R's voice and tone on our social platforms.
• Help create social editorial content that advances storylines Help execute sold campaigns
• 2-3 years of sports media experience preferred
• Sports fanatic with a strong understanding of all major sports. Expertise in NFL, NBA, CFB, MLB, World Football a plus.
• A keen awareness of Bleacher Report's voice. When breaking news happens, be expected to know how B/R reacts on multiple platforms.
• Tech savvy. It's important that the candidate is well versed in the world of Internet sports. Monitoring Twitter, major sports sites, and other social aggregation tools are examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis.
• Deep understanding of current and emerging social trends.
• Possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is crucial.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kp8e-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.