Senior Manager, Social Partnerships
New York, NY
Turner Services Inc. seeks a Senior Creative Strategist for the Playmaker – Bleacher Report department.
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its top-rated app. In February, 2018, Bleacher Report was rated the 3rd most innovative media company in the world by Fast Company. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
The Playmaker team is tasked with bringing B/R's industry-leading voice and distribution strategy to life for brand partners. Playmaker works with partners to concept video, social, interactive and live events platforms and then execute the ideas with internal and external partners.
Reporting to the Director of Creative Strategy, the Senior Creative Strategist creates and develops ideas for Playmaker in service of brand partners. From the brainstorm to the final product on B/R's channels, the Senior Creative Strategist works to ensure the content execution is entertaining and engaging for the Bleacher Report, House of Highlights, B/R Kicks, and B/R Football audiences. This is a client-facing role that also works alongside a variety of internal teams in the marketing and sales organizations.
• Create and develop original concepts that entertain and engage sports-culture audiences
• Craft strategy for brands based on actionable data and editorial insights
• Present strategy and ideas to new and existing partners
• Lead copywriter for client pitches and creative projects
• Work with production teams throughout creative execution process; including storyboarding and copywriting
• Lead brainstorms and ensuing creative development
• Collaborate with integrated marketing, e-commerce and experiential teams in creation of 360 programs
• Stay on the cutting edge of social/digital trends and competitive set
• Must have at 6+ years of editorial, strategy and/or creative experience
• Excellent creative, writing, communication and strategic skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple projects at once
• Adept at collaborating with creative teams from start to finish
• Experience working with sports-culture and youth-focused brands a plus