The Challenge Ahead:
The Development manager will be responsible for supporting the Sonar Live QV team by coordinating the scheduling and managing execution across several titles across the EASE, Maxis and BioWare portfolios.
The candidate will require strong project management attributes and effective stakeholder management skills to be successful. The Development Manager will work directly with stakeholders and Live QV management to support the Live efforts across several projects and platforms.
• Safeguarding the Players end-to-end experience.
• Driving retail verification of content/releases in Live.
• Actively use Player data, studio partnerships and tools to investigate and assess player facing issues.
• Utilizing tools across multiple sources to understand Player sentiment and pinpoint key issues in the wild.
• Identification, escalation, and elimination of central issues that benefit multiple stakeholders.
• Reducing manual test hours by utilising automation, supported by data and tools, to guide risk-based testing efforts.
Development Technology & Services (DTS)
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA Studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Quality, Verification & Standards, Studios Technology Group, Studios Data & Insights, DTS Operations, and SEED.
• Manage the Sonar Live QV team located in EARO to ensure console and PC releases are successfully executed upon in the retail environment prior to release.
• You will communicate within portfolio and external groups: adapt content and detail to match audience, collaborate outside of portfolio team to share best practices.
• Identify process improvements: evolve and improve project-wide processes under your area of influence.
• Develop standards, goals, procedures, training manuals and other documentation for project or internal use.
• Be a leader within the local studio, motivating and challenging your team to succeed.
• Manage the professional development process of your team, together with the People Experience department, identifying the talents but also the development possibilities for each team member.
• Get directly involved in recruiting and onboarding the team members.
• Coordinate the work volume and assign activity to each member of the team, so that they complete their work tasks in time and in a thoughtful way.
• Schedule the activities of the team, including the vacation planning and other free days.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and people management skills.
• Management and leadership experience.
• Proactive, motivated, and focused.
• Flexible and dynamic – able to quickly adapt to changing needs of the business.
• A data-driven mindset with the ability to identify and track important metrics and use it to influence process and decision making both with internal and external teams.
• Working knowledge of Jira with hands on experience in setting up projects and reports.
• 2+ years project management experience (PMP certification a plus).
• 1+ years of people management experience.
• Experience with Software Development Life-Cycle or testing processes (ISTQB a plus).
• An understanding of the games industry, especially as it relates to perception of quality for our games from the media, our consumers, and the public at large.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e7jk-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.