At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
As an Associate Technical Director for the BioWare Quality Technology team, you will manage the team's broad portfolio of technology while also leading the team in future transformation. The Quality Technology team at BioWare is a small team that has a large impact on several games in development. You will report to the Sr Manager Engineering.
We need someone to manage the numerous relationships from a diverse set of partners at BioWare and Electronic Arts. Our portfolio encompasses a broad range of technologies, including: full-stack web development, small made for purpose tools, big data solutions and working with AI. You will be expected to manage the backlog of work for this portfolio to match the changing needs of our partners. You will also have an understanding of industry standards software engineering and game development practices, to help facilitate the team's future transformation.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world.
• Lead the way with design and implementation of team systems and architecture.
• Design and set up testing systems for the team to use in ensuring their software is of high-quality.
• Establish software engineering quality practices, and lead educating the team on said practices.
• Meet with peers and partners to establish and maintain a technology portfolio for the team.
• Understand the goals and motivations of multiple teams within Electronic Arts; translate those goals into initiatives that guide the team towards success.
• Computer Science Degree, Computer Engineering Degree, or equivalent.
• 7+ years software industry technical experience working on quality verification tools, test automation and/or development process improvements.
• The experience and ability to understand and work within a broad ecosystem of different technologies from full-stack web development to native C++.
• Experience with containerization (Docker) and development / deployment in a distributed hosting environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qm0m-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.