Floor Director / Production Assistant
The Big Ten Network is looking for a Travel & Logistics Coordinator to join our team in Chicago, IL. As the Travel & Logistics Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating travel for remote and studio production crews, including acting as the hotel liaison and booking all flights and cars through company travel systems. You will track and update related costs into the production crew grid that will be reflected into budgets, as well as in Salesforce. You will be responsible for preparing estimates of travel costs (reviewing airline, ground transportation and lodging rates) and reconciling all travel-related bills for production. You will also assist in the budget and forecast process. You will serve as the primary point of contact with company hotels, and will work with Business Operations to finalize contracts.
As the Travel & Logistics Coordinator, you will partner with the Manager, Transportation to schedule MICR Engineers to test CIC/BTAA connections at all 14 B1G schools prior to the first events at each facility. You will communicate with the Operations Coordinator, each school, and the Engineering department to ensure all parties are available for connectivity testing prior to finalizing schedules. You will update and maintain connectivity testing schedules and provide feedback to all departments involved as necessary.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate equipment loading of cargo vans at various locations prior to scheduled games
• Schedule drivers to transport equipment to events allotting for extra time to ensure on-time arrivals
• Book travel for drivers as needed, and update weekly cost sheets
• Book all travel for production crews (including airfare, hotel bookings, and ground transportation)
• Coordinate CIC/BTAA Testing for all B1G schools
• Schedule, coordinate, and maintain cargo van shipping schedule
• Originate and maintain hotel, car, and air grid
• Manage all unexpected changes to travel plans
• Update travel costs in Salesforce for budgeting purposes
• Assist in resolving billing differences with vendors and travelers
• Ensure that our finance team has approved and has knowledge of any changes/exceptions before the travel department books any travel itinerary
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Ability to communicate information and ideas in an organized, clear, and concise manner
• Basic math skills are needed for ensuring that the financial management of the job is handled with the proper authority
• Willingness to learn, and a great attitude
• Ability to use work-from-home technology
• Ability to read, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
• Excellent organizational and project coordination skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to work flexible hours
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
• Familiarity with remote production facilities
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1o07-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes.