The Big Ten Network is looking for a Manger for their StudentU Program to join the team in Chicago! As the Manager, you will manage and oversee the day-to-day production of all Big Ten Network StudentU streamed broadcasts and serve as a point of contact for the Big Ten University Video Service Coordinators to help them produce quality productions on campus and provide them support from the Big Ten Network. Additionally, you will oversee the StudentU quality control freelance employees tasked with day-to-day viewing and oversight of individual streams airing live on B1G+ platform. Other responsibilities involve managing all StudentU production policies, procedures and training manuals as it relates to our on air StudentU product and interacting with other departments of the Big Ten Network to ensure the best quality of StudentU broadcasts for the B1G+ platform.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the strategic operation and communication workflows, procedures, and facility standards for StudentU programming
• Represent the network in working with University contacts to ensure that all information is being delivered in a timely manner and within the guidelines that have been established.
• Oversee, hire and schedule StudentU quality control freelance employees who watch and provide feedback/critiques of individual streams to improve future productions
• Collaborate with BTN engineering and graphics department to assist students with technical questions as it relates to the production equipment on campus
• Oversee StudentU Coordinator in providing daily feedback to student technicians/broadcasters and work to improve the production quality and create a potential pool of future Big Ten Network employees
• Assist in training on the BTN NOW program, helping train primarily former StudentU participants to join the Big Ten Network workforce
• Partner with the Digital Team in helping identify content from stream broadcasts to be distributed on various social platforms
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Previous experience working with fly packs and with student television productions preferred.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in negotiation, and presentation, as well as solid interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate and understand technical information on TV facilities and equipment
• Capability to manage multiple high-profile projects and provide strong leadership and solid decision-making skills under tight deadlines
• Demonstrate sound analytical thinking
• Demonstrate ability in developing and maintaining effective business relationships
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong leadership skills
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
• Previous experience working with fly packs and with student television productions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo860-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.