Motion Graphics Designer
Position Title: Motion Graphics Designer (Full-Time)
Department: Orioles Creative Content
Reports to: Art Director
Direct Reports: None
Position Summary: The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a highly motivated Motion Graphics Designer to strengthen the Orioles brand affinity and cultivate the next generation of fans through engaging visual effects and animations. As part of the growing Orioles Creative Content Team, the Motion Graphics Designer will work independently and collaboratively to create memorable fan experiences among all social media and in-game platforms. Furthermore, this role will work closely with the Art Director and Director, Video Creative to ensure brand guidelines and project objectives are achieved for all executions.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Design, composite and animate high-end motion graphics for distribution across all Orioles platforms: social/digital, video, LED signage and TV signage at Oriole Park at Camden Yards;
• Creative projects include but are not limited to feature titles, bumpers, lower thirds, fan prompts, advertisements, transitions, animations, and video effects;
• Maintain and deliver consistent brand standards across all projects and platforms;
• Brainstorm, conceptualize, and execute creative ideas for long-form, short-form, and one-off visual initiatives;
• Assist with occasional studio production shoots ensuring production standards are met involving all aspects of video production;
• Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Essential Functions:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in video production, visual effects, graphic design, or related field;
• A minimum of three (3) years working professionally in motion graphics within an advertising/marketing, branding, or sports environment;
• A minimum of three (3) years utilizing Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.);
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience with Cinema 4D preferred;
• Exceptional design aesthetic (typography, composition, etc.) and awareness of design trends;
• Comfortable working independently on multiple projects at once with tight deadlines;
• Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including some nights and weekends, when needed;
• Understanding of baseball and Orioles team history is a plus.
Submission Request: To apply, please submit a cover letter and your resume to this post. You may be asked to submit a demo reel and/or portfolio as well.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkeny4-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.