Audacy's San Francisco/Northwest Region's TWIN Division has a rare, open full time Sports Reporter position, based at All-News KCBS Radio in San Francisco, the Bay Area's number one news station . Are you an audacious and tech-savvy broadcast journalist with a positive attitude and impressive work ethic ready to join an elite news radio team? Are you a storyteller with a compelling on-air delivery? Can you tell a sports story without numbers? Those who wish to report last night's scores, or Steph Curry's stats line need not apply.
You should have an expertise and high-comfort level with all things IT, a second-nature social media proficiency (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) with a natural curiosity and desire to touch the listener in as many ways as imaginable.
You will be expected to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom or field environment. We are seeking a broadcast journalist who collaborates with editors and producers and pitches story and interview ideas. You will be expected to actively participate on various social media channels and contribute content to the station website (KCBSRadio.com).
You must be passionate, committed, self-motivated and agreeable to a flexible work schedule, which may include evenings, overnights and/or weekends. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, and candidates must be able to take a detail-oriented approach to work while meeting tight deadlines. This is not a job for a beginner. Experience in the San Francisco market is a plus.
• Report from the field or Newsroom over the course of multiple hours on KCBS.
• Voice sports stories for Audacy stations to air on broadcast and digital platforms.
• Gather, write, record, edit and deliver sports news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking sports news occurs.
• Conceptualize, pitch, produce and record sports segments.
• Interview sports news makers.
• Write scripts and ad-lib material for stories.
• Use social media – including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – during the course of your shift to connect with listeners, promote upcoming stories and interviews, and to highlight station content
• Contribute content – including but not limited to audio, video and written format – to KCBSRadio.com.
• Develop and research potential sports stories.
• Provide live reads of sponsors within designated reports by the company including logging commercials and discrepancies
• Make station appearances as required.
• Protect the station's FCC license.
• Other duties as required by management.
Position offers SAG-AFTRA Benefits and applicant must be willing to join SAG-AFTRA, (Union Code 105)
Minimum 2-year sports or news reporting for broadcast media. Must be computer literate, have excellent writing and presentation skills. A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
''A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d221e2-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.