Audacy is looking for an innovative, result-oriented and passionate Software Developer to work with our product and operations teams to build out our next-generation CMS publishing solution and customer facing site.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering high-quality front end and back end code powering the AUDACY.COM website, editor tools, as well as our high traffic station websites. AUDACY.COM is built on NodeJS, Elasticsearch & Postgres with a hybrid server-side rendered in handlebars and a VueJS single-page app.
The ideal candidate is passionate about developing effective, high-quality, innovative, websites using modern technology. We believe in self-empowered teams that can take a product from concept to delivery.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $100,00-$110,000 per year. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
What You'll Do:
• Build full stack publishing and syndication solutions in NodeJS
• Integrate internal and external APIs and services with the CMS
• Working with Product to develop the CMS, supporting services, and tools.
• Develop user facing features in our single-page app using handlebars and VueJS
• Write fast efficient code with an eye for keeping response time low
• Contribute to the creation of and enforcement of engineering standards for both client-side and server side code
• Follow engineering best practices and participate in code reviews
• Participate in project scoping, resource planning, and timeline estimation
• Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
• 1-3 years of engineering experience building high traffic websites/applications
• Experience with NodeJS
• Understanding of RESTful API patterns, and building standalone services to support content.
• Building tools for content management.
• Have a passion for technology and a drive to think out of the box.
• Knowledge of Postgres or other relational databases
• Understanding of common data structures and code patterns
• Experience integrating streaming video or audio a plus
• Publishing/CMS software a plus (Experience with Clay CMS a big bonus)
• Experience with Elasticsearch is also a big bonus
• Knowledge of modern front-end frameworks such as React, VueJS or Angular
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Web Design or related field preferred
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
What You'll Do:
- Build full stack publishing and syndication solutions in NodeJS
- Integrate internal and external APIs and services with the CMS
- Working with Product to develop the CMS, supporting services, and tools.
- Develop user facing features in our single-page app using handlebars and VueJS
- Write fast efficient code with an eye for keeping response time low
- Contribute to the creation of and enforcement of engineering standards for both client-side and server side code
- Follow engineering best practices and participate in code reviews
- Participate in project scoping, resource planning, and timeline estimation
- Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zpx7-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.