The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With more than 850,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
The TV Quality Control Analyst, along with other team members in TV Distribution, share the overall responsibility for ensuring the successful processing of television performances and crediting of ASCAP members for the performance of their works on television. This position will support the quality-based efforts of the Quality Control Team within TV Distribution.
The TV Quality Control Analyst performs a variety of data manipulation and reconciliation tasks to ensure the accuracy and flow of the information that is ultimately used to pay ASCAP's members for music used in performances on Television.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
• Research, track and correct issues relating to the flow of incoming cue sheets
• Perform analysis and actions required to maintain integrity of data utilized for TV Distribution activities
• Assist departmental teams, as well as other departments, with data-related questions and troubleshooting
• Generate daily, weekly and quarterly reports
• Provide support for the implementation and control-checking of department initiatives and the delegation of projects
Qualifications and Requirements: Candidates will be required to take an assessment to demonstrate appropriate Excel and Access skills.
• Proficient in the knowledge and practical use of up-to-date versions of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access)
• Familiarity with internet applications (including Salesforce) a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to problem-solve independently and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Ease in working within strict guidelines
• Ability to work from home/telecommute
• Availability to work overtime as needed
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqww4-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.