Licensing Key Account Manager
The position manages a portfolio of mid-high valued (revenues between 100K-500K) key licensees with the primary goal to ensure compliance with our license agreements by performing customer service and collection activities to generate revenue. To effectively manage their assigned accounts, they must perform customer service and collection activities to generate revenue, maintain accurate data within ASCAP' applications, and efficiently respond to internal and external correspondence to resolve customer inquiries and issues. The position requires developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with individuals outside of the department. Additional duties may include servicing other VIP/Key accounts and other licensing tasks as assigned.
• Knows and understands terms and conditions of various license agreements, stays well-informed of industry trends and uses that knowledge to manage pre-assigned accounts
• Provides high quality and tailored customer service and collection activities to ensure timely and accurate payment of license fees.
• Makes pro-active calls to licensees for current and past due reports and payments and has the authority to negotiate mutually beneficial payment terms.
• Follows standard operating procedures and abides by our Code of Conduct to answer inquiries and resolve issues
• Responds to customer inquiries via telephone and in writing
• Uses ASCAP systems for daily account management -- prioritize work, send various types of correspondence, document all customer activities, data entry of reports, review customer account details, generate invoices and perform other transactions/functions as required.
• Converts unlicensed stations to licensed using external data sources
• Analyze revenue reporting to identify possible errors, trends for potential audit opportunities
• Identifies accounts that require escalation, discusses proper course of action with management
• Provide assistance to other key account managers and stakeholders within and outside of the department to support strategic initiatives
• Provide insight on license negotiation preparations when needed
• Attends industry related conferences as needed.
• Handles special projects as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 3-5 years customer service experience
• Working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software eg Word, Excel
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate and persuade
• Good analytical skills
• Working knowledge of the Salesforce platform
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and long-term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g65wzq-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.