The American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants, and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With more than 875,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
The Global Member Services Representative provides customer service to ASCAP's members via telephone, email and ASCAP's proprietary online account management system (Member Access). The position serves the goals of the ASCAP Global Members Services department in ensuring ASCAP writers, publishers, and internal departments receive the best experience possible.
Member Customer Service:
• Provide customer service to ASCAP's writer and publisher members via telephone, email and ASCAP's proprietary online account management system.
• Communicate effectively within and outside of the organization in order to resolve writer & publisher member issues and answer all questions.
• Resolve and track inquiries and other types of incoming requests to research and resolve issues arising from writer and publisher members and/or their representatives regarding but not limited to:
• performance crediting
• royalty distribution, overpayment recoupment
• international collection and distribution
• general membership concerns
• membership elections
• Escalate and resolve member issues effectively utilizing expert knowledge of ASCAP's business along with strong communication with other departments within ASCAP.
• Use sound judgment to determine if claims need to be escalated.
• Liaise with members on behalf of distribution where additional information is required to process a writer or publisher claim.
• Liaise with other departments to seamlessly resolve member issues.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree
• Excellent administrative, written, and verbal communication skills
• The ability to clearly and simply communicate complex issues
• Skilled at prioritizing multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
• Self-motivated and organized to ensure internal and external responsiveness
• Effective and creative problem solver
• Prior customer service experience
• Knowledge of ASCAP's systems, policies and procedures is a plus
• Music and music industry interest a plus
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
Please be aware that ASCAP is not a nut-free or other allergen-free workplace.
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r10p3v-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.