What We Are Looking For
We are seeking an experienced Assistant to support a high-volume Music & Comedy Agent in the private and corporate events space as well as support the Agency's top tier music, comedy and celebrity client roster. The position requires a communicative and thoughtful individual who can take initiative while learning on the job.
The candidate will need a strong work ethic and an understanding of how their supporting role can help to grow the Agency's practice. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as an interest in music and comedy.
The ability to multi-task is essential as the position requires managing calendars, call logs, invoicing for payments, and bookings, as well as tracking client schedules, updating grids and pitch sheets, creating e-marketing campaigns, potential opportunities and the overall execution of deals.
Essential Skills And Qualifications
The Assistant will support the Agent in a variety of administrative functions including:
• Generating deal memos, itineraries, contracting and reports
• Keeping track of contracts, deposits, ticket counts and show finals
• Updating client pitch sheets and creating email marketing campaigns via Mailchimp and Constant Contacts.
• Invoicing and accounting
• Handling phones, managing calendars
• Dealing with high profile buyers, promoters and managers while understanding the importance of confidentiality and professionalism
Education And Experience
• 1-2 years of professional experience working in the music industry is preferred
• Experience with Opus or at an agency is a plus
• Email marketing skills (i.e. Mailchimp or Constant Contacts) is preferred
• Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and/or Adobe Photoshop is a plus
• Bilingual is a plus (Spanish, Portuguese or other)
• College degree from an accredited University or College preferred
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Resourceful, proactive, reliable, trustworthy, and assertive
• Proficient with word, excel, outlook and google docs
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
APA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqp71-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.