Sony Pictures Imageworks
Are you a Matte Painter interested in working with us on our animated feature, Super Pets? The Matte Painter will work closely with the Production Designer, Art Director and Matte Painting Lead to create efficient and stylistic CG environments to be used across shots and sequences.
What you'll get to do:
• Create environments using combinations of modelled/textured assets, projections, illustrations
• Create paintings and elements that match concept and style using 3D and 2D tools and techniques including camera setup, modelling for projection, camera animation, projection setup, image re-projection, and atmospherics and light passes
• Collaborate with other members of the production such as modelling, surfacing, lighting and compositing in order to get the best result in the most efficient way
• Learn the department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
What you bring:
• 3+ years' experience in digital matte painting (feature animation is strongly preferred)
• Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
• Proven production experience using Photoshop & Nuke
• Ability to combine 2D and 3D elements into believable environments with attention to design and artistic detail
• Strong knowledge of camera focal lengths, a good sense of composition, and colour theory
• Thorough understanding of perspective, lighting, and colour
• Ability to creatively solve problems and efficiently organize and prioritize work across multiple areas
• Strong written and verbal English language skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
• Open to new workflows and tool sets
• Ability to take direction and feedback; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference
• Ability to create stylistic environments with an analogue painted/drawn style and good sense of stylized natural light would be an advantage
• Ability to produce concept art that conveys the style, lighting and character of the brief would be an advantage
• Other software skills including Maya, Houdini, Terragen or Vue would be an advantage
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88879-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.