Look Dev (Surfacing) Artist
Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio. This is not a remote opportunity.
Are you the Look Development Artist we are looking for? Do you have solid experience on feature animation? Animal Logic has several new animation projects we are working on, including ''The Shrinking of the Treehorns'', which will be Ron Howard's first animated film.
We need artists with passion, vision and technical ability and who are able to give our characters and environment life. Is that you? Some positions start as early as May and June 2023, so if you are interested apply now.
What you'll get to do:
• Interpret 2D designs, reference material and artistic direction and translate them into 3D textures and surfaces while maintaining the original artistic intent
• Help establish and maintain a consistent look for the project
• Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work is produced to an appropriate standard of quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline
• Maintain good communication with the Surfacing Lead
What you bring:
• A passion and an eye for making beautiful looking CG objects, environments and creatures.
• 5+ years' experience working on high quality shading, surfacing and texturing
• 3+ years' experience in high end feature film/television animation and/or VFX projects
• Production experience in a modern ray-tracing software package
• A high level of proficiency with Mari. Substance Painter experience would be a plus
• An interest and ability in lighting
• Good understanding of industry standards, conventions, and formats to enable successful completion of work
• Proven technical and visual skills with an understanding of art and design within an animation environment
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to abstract and interpret design down to its fundamentals
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Extensive knowledge of shader creation and implementation will be considered a bonus, as will experience using Houdini
What you'll need to include on your application:
• A showreel including examples of stylized and photo-realistic work, with reference plates and materials, turntables, and UV layouts
What we offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
• A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
• An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
• A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
• Exposure to a USD pipeline
• A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
• A flexible, hybrid work environment
• Paid 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
• A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
• A variety of employee benefits including secured on-site parking, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r78m78-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.