Dates: April 2022
Are you a Character Finalling Lead with proven leadership experience and a strong eye for detail? The Character Finalling Lead will motivate and lead a team of Character Finalling Artists, working closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Art Department, Modelling, Rigging, Animation, and Character FX to develop, implement character shot based clean-up and deformation effect post Animation.
What you'll get to do:
• Understand the overall brief and goals of a project and communicates this clearly to each member of the team
• Lead a team under the creative direction from the Animation Supervisor and production team; mentor less experienced digital artists
• Prioritize and break down a project into organized parts; delegate work responsibly to ensure successful completion of shots across team members of all skill levels
• Manage shot based deformation enhancements post Animation. This includes:
• Deformation clean-up due to rigs pushed beyond capability
• Adding deformation effects simulating interaction
• Working with Animators and Riggers on how to best handle key deformation requirements
• Drive team reviews and offer creative/technical feedback on reviewed shots
• Support open communication between departments
• Ensure conflict is identified early and work with Artist Management to put constructive solutions in place to resolve/diffuse
• Communicate production information to both the artists group and Production Management
• Document new techniques and distribute updates
• Participate in brainstorming and problem solving to create and maintain production pipeline(s) and support Animal Logic's overall technical goals as required
• Work with the Animation Supervisor, Leads, and the production team to prepare bids and pitches as required
• Participate in the recruiting and interview process for new employees as required
• Assist Production Management in preparation of final show reports as required
What you bring:
• 7+ years' experience in feature animation, VFX, and/or animated television with a focus in Character Finalling
• Proven leadership and mentorship experience within feature animation or VFX
• Production proven knowledge of Character Finalling in either Maya, XSI, Houdini, or other relevant software
• Expert knowledge of human/animal anatomy and form
• Solid knowledge in pipeline, process, tools and techniques with a high level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and common practice
• Proven ability to create and deliver high-level, shot-based deformation correction in a timely manner
• Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
Bonus points if you can bring:
• Experience with sculpting package (i.e. Z-brush) helpful but not mandatory
• Knowledge of both mechanical and organic type rigs in a production environment is a bonus
• Software development experience using Python, and relevant application API is a plus
What we offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
• A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
• A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
• Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
• A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
• Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
• A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
• A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
• A variety of employee benefits includin g superannuation, emplo yee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application to the link below!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbno1-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.