Network Development Engineer
Culver City, CA
As a Senior Cloud Engineer you will design, develop and deliver reliable and scalable -based, business-critical applications solving real-world problems of Amazon customers. You will take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS platform. Your projects will focus on customer solutions built with API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, Kinesis and other services available on AWS platform. You will work across a range of areas including web and mobile applications, enterprise applications, Learning and engage with technical, IT and leadership teams of our customers.
You will help our clients to implement DevOps culture across the teams to optimize software development processes and speed up to time to delivery. You will work across a range of technical areas, including building scalable and resilient infrastructure, automation, continuous integration and deployment, testing, observability, and security. To be successful you will need to innovate and experiment to solve real-world customer business challenges and deliver production-ready solutions at global scale. You must be comfortable leading others and driving implementation of complex IT solutions.
As an Amazonian leader you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
10+ years of Linux experience
10+ years of development experience in Python, Go, Ruby, or related languages.
10+ years of multithreaded, distributed development experience
5+ years of Agile methods and processes experience
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred.
• AWS Experience / Certifications (AWS Solutions Architect or AWS DevOps Engineer)
• Strong scripting skills (e.g. Python, Bash, Go, Ruby).
• Experience with back-end technologies for web applications/APIs.
• Familiarity with logging and monitoring infrastructure (e.g. ELK, Datadog, New Relic).
• DevOps attitude - this is about culture, not only tooling.
• Proven track record of successful implementation of DevOps practices in client engagements.
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, deployment, release, and change management).
• Proficient designing and building highly available, resilient large-scale distributed systems.
• Prior success in automating real-world production environments (using e.g. Ansible).
• Knowledge of Infrastructure as a Code development (CloudFormation, Terraform).
• Experience configuring and managing continuous integration servers (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, VSTS).
• Knowledge of IP networking, AWS Direct Connect, VPN's, DNS, load balancing, and firewalling.
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written.
• Strong team-player, willingness, and interest to collaborate and work well in a team.
• Strong sense of customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Ability to travel to client locations when needed, up to 10%.
• Experience with automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, JMeter).
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age • Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.