Sr. Applied Scientist - Game Advertising Innovation
Are you ready to lead the design and implementation of a new approach to ML-driven advertising? Amazon Game Publishing Services is looking for the right hands on Senior Applied Scientist to build the foundation of a disruptive advertising system set to revolutionize customer acquisition for Gamer Developers . Imagine layering the strength of Amazon's assets with the power of Machine Learning to build a disruptive programmatic service for game developers.
We are a lean and fast-paced start-up funded by Amazon Web Services, working with the world's leading game companies to drive usage, engagement and revenue for the world's top gaming titles and future hits on Console, PC and Mobile. As an initial member of the founding team you will have unparalleled access, scope and impact.
You and your team will own the design, development, testing, and deployment of this service. You will participate in product direction, planning, and execution of some of our most strategic technical projects that will delight our customers and make significant business impact. You are comfortable with being at the forefront of technology and are excited about shaping the future of programmatic advertising. You are an entrepreneurial, self-starter, passionate leader who strives to deliver world-class products and loves working in a fast-paced team. You are customer-obsessed and data-driven.
Key responsibilities include:
• Scientists at Amazon are expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets and contribute to design of automated systems.
• Apply ML, statistics or econometrics techniques to develop and analyze prototype models.
• Design and analyze data from large-scale online experiments in order to validate prototype models.
• Collaborate with scientists across teams in peer-review processes , publishing research in internal forms and industry conferences.
• Partner closely with product and engineering teams to improve the advertising performance and translate prototype models to production.
• Establish scalable, efficient, and automated processes for large scale model development, validation, and implementation.
• Research and experiment with novel statistical modeling approaches.
• Have fun working on ground breaking technology with people just as passionate about their work as you!
• PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related quantitative field
• 7+ years of industry experience
• 5+ years of experience building predictive and optimization models
• 2+ years of recent hands-on experience programming in R, Java, C#, C++ or other similar programming languages
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, Natural Language Processing, recommendation systems, multi-arm bandit, informational retrieval.
• Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences.
• Proven track in leading, mentoring, and growing teams of scientists.
• Experience with digital media, online advertising or retail.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
• Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.