Modeling Artist - Episodic
You must have a love for visual detail and the ability to recognize CGI artifacts including
• Aliasing, noise, and render artifacts; The way the asset is blended into the original plate
• Mismatched lighting (inconsistent shadow direction and intensity, misplaced specular highlights)
• Color issues (integrated products not meeting approved turn tables, scale and VFX issues)
• Integration issues (mismatched defocus, film grain, motion blur)
• Professional experience working with 3D transformations
Create, manage and optimize VFX assets with supervision to complete assets by scheduled deadlines.
Work with Leads to create requested assets.
Understands simple and standard VFX asset creation, minimal technical knowledge and no work flow experience.
Ensures VFX are optimized in accordance with the approved game style and technical requirements constraints.
Cultivate an organized and disciplined workflow.
In addition to identifying these issues, you must have professional working knowledge of CGI pipelines to understand how to give a revision note to rectify the issue.
You must also have a strong artistic film composition sense to identify VFX issues in the frame, such as being distracting to the customers.
You must have clear verbal and written communication skills.
Key job responsibilities
• Developing storyboards that show how and when visual effects are necessary.
• Using software to create characters and visual elements for movies, TV shows, and other productions.
• Creating mockups for directors and film editors to review.
• Collaborating with directors and other artists to understand the overall vision.
• Overseeing visual effects projects and serve as liaisons with the production crew, VFX producers and vendors.
• Maintain a consistent visual style.
• Modeling, animating and compositing.
• Match moving, motion graphics, texturing, lighting, pre viz, rotoscoping, prototyping.
• Ensure seamless integration of live action and CGI elements.
• Attend production meetings, report on progress made, and take direction as the project develops.
• Respond to changes during the course of production and problem solve on complex effects issues.
• Keep on schedule and within budget.
• High level visual awareness and artistic skills
• A strong portfolio or demo reel of original work
• A solid knowledge of the filmmaking process, especially post production
• Ability to visualize and develop effects as required by the script
• Communicating sequences via storyboards
• Problem solving ability, analytical mindset
• Good communication skills, especially visual and graphic presentations
• Team player, self-disciplined when working alone
• Adept at following production methodologies
• Knowledge of the compositing process
• Photographic skills - understanding depth of field, shutter speed, lighting, aperture, composition and framing
• Photoshop editing skills
• Excellent time management skills, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• High level attention to detail
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw957p-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.