Amazon Studios is the content development and production arm of Amazon.com. We make and deliver Amazon Originals content for Amazon Prime customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking movies like Manchester by the Sea, The Big Sick, Late Night, The Aeronauts, and All In: The Fight for Democracy. The Worldwide Production & Operations team covers physical production, post production, localization, and delivery of series and movies globally.
The Amazon Original US Movies Post Production department oversees all US-originated Amazon Original Movies (AOM), which range in budget, genre, and post location, as well as US-originated acquisitions and co-productions. We are seeking a Senior Post Production Executive to manage all aspects of post production, from pre-production through delivery on assigned AOM titles.
The Senior Post Production Executive will review scripts, create post budgets and schedules, and ensure movies deliver on time and on budget. The candidate will work directly with crews, filmmakers, vendors, and internal stakeholders to create a successful post workflow and delivery.
This position regularly works with AOM Production, Development, Strategy, Business Affairs, Legal, Localization, Mastering, Post Production Technology, Content Security, Finance, Marketing, and Public Relations to support the movie making process.
The Senior Post Production Executive must know how to invent and simplify in order to make effective tradeoffs between production budgets and the creative goals of each production. We are seeking a candidate that is a think big problem solver and a self-starter, pays extreme attention to detail, pivots quickly when necessary, and concurrently manages multiple high-level responsibilities. A team player with a positive, efficient, and communicative work ethic and a willingness to learn is a must.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the below:
• Oversee multiple projects in various stages of post production at any given time
• Review original scripts to analyze specific post production challenges
• Analyze and create post production budgets and schedules
• Ensure all deliverables are budgeted correctly and delivered on time
• Maintain oversight of the post production show budgets by reviewing weekly cost reports from production through post
• Vet and approve vendors and crew on a per show basis
• Help create production workflows from camera acquisition through final finishing
• Work closely with producers, editors, and post production supervisors to identify issues, support needs, and propose solutions
• Provide oversight for production to post production hand-off, content security, VFX, and post finishing
• Liaise with Production, Marketing, Legal, Music, VFX, and Finance as needed
• Drive process and technical innovation in support of team needs, including remaining current with the latest technology
• Attend key creative approval sessions such as VFX reviews, color sessions, and final mix playbacks
• Help create and maintain protocols that will strengthen the efficiency of the AOM Post Production department
• Travel as required in support of show planning and execution
• 10+ years of experience as a post producer or post executive
• 5+ years of experience in budgeting, scheduling and technical workflows
• 10+ years of feature experience as a Post Supervisor/Post Executive or the equivalent
• Understanding of feature budgeting, scheduling and technical workflows
• Post and editorial problem-solving ability
• Experience working on movies of varying budgets and genres
• Experience working on movies in various territories
• Experience with delivery schedules for theatrical and home entertainment distribution
• Experience with variety of digital media workflows
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know. Contact us at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific Time.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk9ek-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.