Content Acquisition Manager
Culver City, CA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Content Acquisition Manager to join our Prime Video licensing team in Los Angeles. You will be responsible for managing and executing the content acquisition strategy for TV and Movies on our Prime Video service, with a focus on Latinx audience in the US. Leveraging your experience in negotiation, content rights and value you will work across US and Latin American content owners to develop new business models and deliver results for both our stakeholders and costumers.
• Build a plan to have the most compelling content for our Amazon customers.
• Define and execute the content acquisition strategy for Prime Video TV and Movies in the US for the LatinX audience.
• Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior leadership
• Use customer behavior, usage and consumption data to inform decision-making
• Build and grow relationships with senior-level leaders at content providers
• Drive continuous improvement in all operational aspects of Amazon's relationship with its digital content suppliers
• Lead all aspects of content management, content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
• Work with in-house and external legal counsels
• Collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas within Amazon Prime Video
• Maintain a can-do attitude and a willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
• 7+ years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
• Experience using Excel
• Experience with SQL
• 5+ years' experience with quantitative analytics (e.g. ability to use and modify data sets in Excel)
• 5+ years' experience negotiating complex license or business development agreements
• Experience with Latinx content
• Fluency in Spanish
• MBA a plus
• Knowledge of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies
• Proven track record demonstrating the ability to negotiate complex license and/or business development agreements
• Experienced with end-to-end ownership of major project deliverables
• Experience in content licensing and/or business development experience internationally
• Excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, as well as the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Ability to understand product and technical requirements and interface with Product/Technology teams.
• Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.