Culver City, CA
Amazon Studios' Local Originals department is looking for a Creative Coordinator in scripted development. This position will support two executives and will have visibility across all territories of the Local Originals department. There is room for growth for hard-working and extremely organized team players. Interest in international television development and previous desk experience are firmly required. Agency experience strongly preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
• Organize meetings and events.
• Review pitch materials, writer coverage and provide recommendations.
• Act as a liaison to other Amazon Studios departments.
• Evaluate the quality of scripts and offer creative feedback.
• Track writers and directors.
• Create weekly development reports.
• Have a knowledge of key stakeholders in the creative community.
• Maintain positive attitude and willingness to be a team player.
• Support special projects as the business need arises.
• 2+ years of experience as an assistant at a studio or production company or 1+ year experience as a creative executive
• Experience assessing industry talent and trends
• Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum of 2 year of development and/or script-reading experience.
• 1+ year of experience as an assistant.
• Experience in Microsoft Outlook as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Sharepoint.
• Previous experience as an assistant at an agency, studio or production company.
• Detailed planning, time management and organizational skills.
• Strong knowledge of entertainment industry trends and players.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Creative problem-solver.
• Web-savvy: familiar with online video environment.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
• Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.