Development Executive, Local Originals
Mexico City, CDM
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; Latin American produced hit Amazon Original series Like LOLMX, Un Extraño Enemigo, El Juego de las Llaves, El Presidente, La Juaria, Pan y Circo, movies like Mindy Kaling's Late Night, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Creative Development Executive to work with our originals development team. You will have experience in both development and production in Mexico, and the ability to identify material, talent and give creative guidance and feedback to top level writers and directors on outlines, scripts, and cuts. Using your comprehensive knowledge of comedy/young adult story telling and premium television talent, you will leverage your previous industry relationships and develop new ones. You will be joining a self-motivated, passionate and collaborative team environment.
• Recruit new creative talent.
• Seek out and assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches.
• Work with writers to develop stories and scripts.
• Oversee all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Serve as primary liaison between the scripted department and all other departments
• 7+ years of experience as an executive producer or line producer at a film/tv studio or production company
• 5+ years of successful series development in MX TV (Comedy or YA)
• Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience managing series
• Fluent Spanish and Advanced English skills.
• Strong knowledge of entertainment industry trends and players.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Creative problem-solver.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information. • • Excellent story skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7wo0-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.