Amazon Studios Virtual Production (ASVP) is looking for an ASVP LED Engineer for our Unreal-based system. You will be going to work at the historic Culver Studios - where Gone with the Wind, King Kong, and ET were shot, to name a few. Come help move this rich tradition forward. You will interface with production to help filmmakers create Amazon Original Movies and Series for Prime Video. Our projects include critically acclaimed, award-winning originals like Fleabag, Sound Of Metal and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and ground-breaking, popular series and movies like The Boys, Jack Ryan, Carnival Row, The Underground Railroad, One Night in Miami, and more. We want to make the filmmaking process as accessible and as powerful as possible so that filmmakers will love working here.
ASVP seeks to enhance every aspect of the filmmaking process. You must be a builder at heart and a collaborator in spirit. This position will work closely with key creatives, production, and support the Virtual Production effort for Amazon Original Movies and Series for Prime Video. We obsess over the filmmaker and the filmmaking process. Help play a key role in innovating new ways to increase creativity in the production pipeline and maintain fidelity of the signal throughout the process. Our new filmmaker workflows ensure safety, limit exposure, add flexibility to schedules, while bringing creative talent together from all over the world.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• In the control room, you take over the video signal from the ASVP Video Systems Engineer and are responsible for the display system of the stage.
• Engineer and execute visualization systems for film production.
• Quickly adapting to production needs and making technical adjustments as necessary.
• Create detailed workflow documentation of the production pipeline including signal flow diagrams, device specifications, and data visualization requirements.
• Interface with the production crew to safely setup shoots related to video systems.
• Calculate technical requirements including power needs of production departments.
• Take inventory of equipment of what's being used onsite.
• Must have a broad knowledge of display and visualization systems, media servers, video engineering, cinema camera hardware, and in-camera acquisition of VFX photography.
• Must have understanding of production visualization workflows specific to the film industry including knowledge of color spaces, color calibration and profiling.
• General proficiency with production display systems including LED technology
• Detailed knowledge of of rigging, electrical, and environmental needs of production.
• Knowledge of production equipment related to live-action production.
• Video engineering or project management experience required.
• Advanced knowledge large multi-source video systems.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
• Able to quickly learn hardware and software systems.
• Able to maintain and repair display products in a production environment.
• Able to quickly troubleshoot display issues as they arise.
• Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Broadcasting or related technical field
• Detailed knowledge of color science in a production environment (color calibration, profiling, creating LUTs)
• Specify, engineer, and execute visualization systems for film production
• Display professional on-set etiquette and be familiar with the structure of the film production process.
• Knowledge of content creation, codec and file-based workflows a plus.
• Be a builder, self-starter, curious, deep diver, big thinker, honest, resourceful, inventor, have a tremendous bias for action, and work well in a small, multi-disciplinary, specialized team.
• Familiarity with Unreal Engine and be familiar with similar real-time platform such as Disguise/Notch.
• Able to draft technical drawings using Vectorworks or AutoCAD a plus.
• High ability to trouble shoot complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems
• Good understanding of a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in VFX, live-action film production, and the game industry
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know. Contact us at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific Time. For further options for individuals with disabilities, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmw6zx-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.