Want to build the future of live audio? Join Amazon's newest mobile app, Amp, where anyone can host live radio shows with the music they love. Currently in beta in the US, Amp's evolving how people discover and share music. Create a show, call-in, or bop along to some tunes – no subscription, additional hardware, or editing needed.
As part of an agile team, you will be working in a startup atmosphere while being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company. Amp is on the bleeding-edge of consumer-facing products, where every team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. We build systems that will be distributed around the world, spanning mobile apps and voice-forward experiences on Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa. Amp products support our mission of delivering audio entertainment in new and exciting ways that creators and listeners will love.
The Amp team is looking for team members across a variety of functions, including software engineering/development, product, marketing, design, and more. Come make history, as we expand and launch Amp for millions of listeners.
As a Principal Product Manager - Technical, you will own driving development of new product visions. At Amazon Music, product managers closely collaborate with engineering, business development, teams, and more, to set strategy for the product, and define, and directly manage all aspects of the customer experience. A successful candidate will be customer obsessed, highly analytical, and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. The ideal candidate will be able to boil down a big vision for the future into a simple set of features we can launch iteratively and experimentally, know how to strategically manage partners towards that vision, and know how to build support for their vision while taking input from other creative contributors.
• Use data to evaluate new investment opportunities to help drive growth on Amp
• Define experiments to accelerate growth and awareness of Amp
• Own product execution and roadmap, including business cases, user stories, experience and rapid delivery in an Agile environment.
• Foster tight partnerships with engineering, and business development.
• Proactively communicate plans and accomplishments and ensure alignment with senior leadership
• Use customer insights to drive product and business decisions
• Demonstrate strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and get things done in a dynamic environment
• 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience partnering with engineering teams to build products for customers
• MBA or master's degree
• Excellent customer experience intuition. You obsess about customers and can translate customer needs into crisp, detailed product requirements. You are able to develop innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs
• Track record of achievements. You've shipped products that have moved the needle on key business & customer metrics. You have a proven ability to make smart feature versus time-to-market trade-offs. You have demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
• Data-centric and analytical. You have experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value. You also leverage your strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep to develop a nuanced understanding of your product and customers, and to create effective strategies. You also have a demonstrated ability to make high quality high impact decisions in the absence of data and figure out how to gather data (through experiments, tests, etc.) to support your decisions
• Technical fluency. You have the ability to understand, discuss, and challenge architectural concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members
• Excellent communication skills. You are as comfortable speaking in front of the company at an all-hands meeting as you are writing a detailed six-page narrative on your products that you can defend with the highest levels of senior leadership
• Strong collaboration skills. You have a proven ability to work across functions and across marketplaces to influence senior leaders. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g605wn-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.