- Full Time
Job DescriptionJob summary
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas reach tens of millions of consumers worldwide. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Amazon Music Prime, Amazon Music Free and more. Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in streaming, and customer engagement.
Amazon is searching for a Music Programmer to help drive engagement with Amazon Digital Music service. You will be primarily responsible for supporting and maintaining the industry's best playlists, streaming radio stations, and voice-driven listening experience for our customers. You will also work closely with Industry Relations, Marketing, Voice, Content Acquisition, and Product teams on customer and partner-facing initiatives.
Key job responsibilities
• Use data, research, and expert-level knowledge of wide-ranging musical genres to create and refine curated content
• Gather, analyze, report, and act on customer engagement and content usage data
• Research the needs of specific customer segments and apply findings to craft tailored content for those audiences
• Devise and pitch ideas for curatorial efforts
About the team
• Work experience in music programming, editorial, A&R or equivalent
• In-depth knowledge about Middle-East music, as well as a variety of music styles and genres, both local and global, new and catalogue, mainstream and cutting edge
• Strong written and spoken communication skills in both English and Arabic
• Experience running an editorial calendar
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Has relentlessly high standards
• Consistent use of data to drive improvements for end users
• Is able to manage multiple deliverables and deliver on-time, at pace
• Results oriented
• Success in delivering results in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
• Flexible and nimble, able to swiftly react to a shifting landscape
• Knowledge of current trends and history in both music and the music industry
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn308m-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs, podcast episodes, and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.