Senior Financial Planning & Analysis
WarnerMedia seeks a Manager, Production Finance for the Finance – KYA and Classics department.
This role is responsible for designing and implementing best practices for all production accounting/finance functions for Adult Swim's fast-growing animated content development and production. The main functions are overseeing union payroll processing, budgeting and cost reporting, production tax incentives, documenting policies/processes and managing Production Accountants. This role manages works closely with Production teams, Production Finance team, Finance and Accounting teams, and Corporate Tax. This role also serves as the main point of contact for external audits, and our outside vendors, which include Entertainment Partners and Cashet.
• Union Payroll: Processing/approving all union and non-union payroll, insuring compliance with all collective bargaining agreements, federal/state/local laws, and WM's WFH and covid safety protocols.
• This requires experience with Entertainment Partners production accounting software (Global Vista, SmartStart, and SmartAccounting), all start forms and on boarding processes, and collaboration with Production teams, Legal/BA, HR/IT, and EP paymasters.
• Production Budgets and Cost Reporting and Forecasting:
• Reviewing production budgets and working with Production teams on adjustments using Movie Magic Budgeting.
• Generating monthly cost reports, working with Production teams to ensure all costs are accurately reflected and are monitored against production budgets, greenlights, and the programming forecast. Forecasting monthly cash spend and anticipating write-offs for all in-house and 3rd-party productions.
• Managing Production Accountants:
• Posting positions, reviewing resumes/interviewing candidates, hiring and all onboarding processes with HR, exiting, and maintaining control of production records, and company communications.
• Domestic and International Production Tax Incentives:
• Calculating estimates, managing applications, providing supporting documents, and tracking rebates/credits at the show, state/country, and corporate level.
• Remaining up to date on tax credit opportunities across states, applications deadlines, and eligibility requirements.
• Documenting policy and processes in Production Accounting Manual used by contracted Production Accountants.
• 3+ years as lead Production Accountant on union animated series or features, managing Production Accounting team of 3+
• Thorough understanding of union payroll processes, and federal and state (CA, GA, NY) labor laws
• Experience estimating Production Tax Incentives, managing applications, and tracking in production accounting software
• Willingness to shift priorities as business needs change, and work independently during WFH mandates
• Must be able to communicate effectively and build solid relationships with multiple departments and teams at all levels
• Proficient in: Movie Magic Budgeting, Global Vista, SmartAccounting, SmartStart and Cashet
• Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Finance preferred but not required)