Compliance Program & Investigations Specialist
Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard is looking for a talented UX Director to join our Central Studios team at Activision Publishing. A successful candidate will have past experience in console AAA UX design direction with a strong sense of best practices for first time user experience, functionality, menu layout, flow, and information organization/delivery.
In this Central Design role, your top priority will be to help set vision for UX across all Activision products and contribute to long term design planning. Candidates will need to lead by influence to build consensus with studio partners, helping to establish best practices for UX design and acting as a design consultant to support their UX teams. You will work closely with key stakeholders in the publishing division as well as the studios to help identify requirements and agree upon the best UX solutions to support our products' features.
Responsibilities will include assessment and production of wireframes, flow diagrams, visual mockups, and interactive prototypes. You will provide feedback on style guides, implementation, and partner with User Testing to help studios iterate on the results. This role will be accountable to support our studios to ensure a high quality of the UX design for our final products, creating intuitive and efficient experiences for players.
Defining, documenting and evangelizing UX best practices to the organization as a whole will be a key part of the role.
• Partner with Central Design and Production staff
• Work with studio UX teams and Game or Design Directors to support their efforts
• Assess UX requirements from various design disciplines
• Provide breakdowns of competitive products and act as evangelist for UX best practices
• Support as necessary with UX flow diagrams, screen wireframes and functionality design for all required menus and HUD
• Partner with UI art teams to feedback on menu/HUD style guides
• Work with key stakeholders to agree upon UX design approach to support all game features
• Play work in progress builds to monitor and feedback on implementation of UX
• Partner with User Testing to determine effectiveness of UX implementation
• Iterate with all required disciplines to help deliver the best possible UX for our products
• 10+ Years as a UX Designer in AAA console
• 3+ AAA console products shipped with a UX Designer or Director title
• Solid working knowledge of best practices for console UX
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
• Ability to collaborate with designers, producers, engineers and artists
• Expert documentation skills for wireframes and flow diagrams
• Ability to create functional prototypes
• Leadership ability with strong organizational skills
• Ability to build relationships with senior studio creatives and lead by influence
• Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
• Unity or C/C++ experience
• Mobile UX Design experience
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Lua, or similar scripting language
• Graphic design skills with a good eye for composition, fonts and color
• Experience with our map building tools (Radiant), or our game scripting language (GSC)
• Strong aptitude in analytical thinking
• Knowledge of or experience with free to play models
• Direct Mobile experience or understanding of UX best practices
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.