Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Tools Engineer you will join a close-knit team focused on building ops tools and live dashboards to query and action upon critical game telemetry. The Operations team utilizing these tools are not just stakeholders, but also your colleagues. You will not only see the significant impact of your work firsthand, but also benefit from a tight iteration loop with your customer. We have a deep roadmap with many opportunities to solve challenging problems and make your mark on the Call of Duty franchise.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Build tools and dashboards with a focus on data integrity and usability.
• Gather stakeholder requirements.
• Document specification details and provide implementation plans.
• Transform complex schemas and data pipelines into easily consumable information.
• Perform data analysis to discover emerging trends in collected data.
• Support the team by creating ad-hoc database queries to explore scenarios outside the scope of our published toolset.
• Support, analyze and maintain a large and complex MySQL installation.
• Extensive experience in SQL database development. Experience with MySQL or associated branches (i.e. MariaDB) is desirable.
• Solid understanding of DB best practices, including logical and physical design, performance and scalability, maintenance, and tuning.
• Deep knowledge of the C# programming language and .NET library. Key areas of expertise are - multi-threaded application development, high performance database integration, and WinForms user interface development.
• Ability to collaborate with end users to gather requirements and implement solutions in a very dynamic and ever-changing environment.
• Experience using AWS in .NET environment is a plus.
• Supporting Big Data Enterprise Architecture in a live environment is highly beneficial.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22qn5-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.